Sunday, November 30, 2014

Odds and Ends, Red Sonja WIP

Here's my thumbs for the Red Sonja contest. Lots of diving into battle behind a shield. The one similar to the one I chose, I abandoned because I think I saw one like it in a Conan mag by Simonson or Frank Thorne. Sonja looks so much like the girl from New Teen Titans. I ended up having to add her scales, change her boots and gloves etc. I was inspired to try this full pencil shaded version after seeing the process for Jenny Frison of Revival.
Red Sonja Cover Entry by xaqBazit on deviantART and this was a design for a mural at a local gym that I was supposed to do. But I landed a big penciling gig today, so I wanted to get these odds and ends up before I got busy again. Also posted a handful of unused/wip art on the From Blood facebook group.

No comments: