Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Legend of Oz: The Wicked West Fanart

So I wanted to do a piece for Big Dog Ink's Legend of Oz: The Wicked West, and thought about doing an homage cover - which I've never done. I've only ever done one image in my scraps on DA. Anyhow, I considered the following (all x-men covers lol)
oddly enough I always remembered this cover as a mix of this and the first appearance of the white queen.
My wife mentioned that perhaps they were't as universal and suggested Abbey Road from the Beatles. I ended up going with Amazing Spider-man 129 - don't ask me how anyone besides spider-man falling off a building would get into this mid-air position, lol. Anyways, it will be in the back of the next issue but here it is too. I was very pleased with it, though I added some of the yellow-bricks from the road falling in the background but I'm not sure they read as such in black and white, otherwise it was very fun.
Legend of Oz: the Wicked West homage fanart by ~xaqBazit on deviantART

No comments: