Friday, April 10, 2009

Tatttoo Design

I was asked to design a tattoo for a client at Carter Ink in exchange for an additional discount on my tattoo, here's what I came up with over the course of about an hour. I was asked to draw it and i cant post that image but you can see the original, everyone said they liked it, it was just too far from the concept and pose that the guy had - and I totally understand that.

Angel Warrioir by ~xaqBazit on deviantART
I was influenced by and referenced the following art to design it.



I heavily based this design off this painting by Jeffery Jones, an artist I'm growing to love more and more. Other influences include Priest - the manga, and Alphonse Mucha and Kelley jones for the drapery. and its also fairly similar to a sketch I did a while back.

No comments: